Saturday, September 14, 2013

Friday Night Date

My wild & crazy Friday night date was with the gym. Ohhh yess, the gym. We haven't spent much close time together lately so it felt good just going.

Last night's workout included triceps, chest, and back.

Four sets of the following:

Incline Barbell Chest Press
Cable Row
Tricep Dip Machine
Narrow Grip Lat Pulldown
Shoulder Press Machine
Side Raises

My back is feelin' it today!

Back when I was working full time and going to college, I used to go to the gym every Friday night after work. It was the only time I could get there on Fridays and the gym was empty. I actually used to love going at that time. Sometimes I would even meet my mom for a trampoline class.

Cardio + weights + trampoline = insane fun!



It didn't even feel like working out. It felt good to start off the weekend with a good sweat session.

When I was there last night one of my gym friends who I haven't seen since my injury was there. She assured me not to worry about what I can't do, just to focus on what I can. She agreed it's very frustrating when working out is not your choice and trust that I will get back to where I was.

Did I mention how intense she was going on the hamstring curl? She was doing 110lbs! Incredible! The most I've ever done is 90lbs for a 5-8 rep range. So my goal when I'm cleared for exercise is to PR with 110. I always love having a goal to work towards.

Anyway I'm off to Starbucks for my skinny vanilla latte! It's only a weekend treat so I look forward to it so much!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Props to you for 'gymin' it!! Super inspiring... Just found your blog and it looks great! Like you, I am gluten free, so its always interesting finding others who eat this way. Thanks again for your post and I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I am the same way, love connecting with other gf ppl. Sometimes I can get into food ruts so its nice to get new ideas.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!