Sunday, September 1, 2013

Still On The Hunt

Whew this weekend is flyin' by over here! More on that tomorrow...

Friday started off with a quick food shopping trip. Since I'm still house sitting I needed a few gluten free items since my fridge was empty at home.

Wraps, protein powder, oats, almond milk, frozen berries, salad, and ground chicken are my basics for cooking for the next couple days.
Lunch was my first time trying Perdue individual Italian chicken cutlets. I grilled them in a pan for 10 minutes and they were SO tasty! They aren't loaded with fat even though they have Italian seasonings. The first thing troy said when we came over was "Wow, it smells delicious in here". You all have to try these!
Then we packed up Mr. Cooper and headed over to Petsmart on the search for the perfect costume. They are all 50% off this weekend so definitely check them out if you're looking for a cheap one!
Unfortunately there were no winners for us. Troy is mighty picky when it comes to Cooper wearing a costume. He told me he felt embarrassed for him to wear this jacket. I thought a motorcycle rock n roll jacket would be "more manly" but apparently not.

I decided to go with buying one instead of the whole DIY routine. I didn't think any of my ideas were coming out the way I pictured it in my head. Plus nothing was worse when you were a kid in a costume and people had to ask you "Cool costume, what are you?" I didn't want Cooper to look like a hot mess haha.
While we shopped there we picked up a car harness for him.

I think we might head over to Michael's craft store tomorrow since I've been hearing their dog costumes are all on sale too. It works out well because Michael's is right by Buy Buy Baby. And we need to get some last minute gifts for his sister's baby shower! Good thing I re-read the invitiation and saw there is a wishing well.

Happy September!

1 comment:

  1. Curious, what is next to that chicken on the plate? Looks good. What kind of protein powder do you like? The wraps are a great alternative to bread. I have yet to find a gluten free bread that is good. Where do you usually go grocery shopping? I see wheat bread in your cart!!! Crunchmaster crackers are the best. What else is in that cart of yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!